Goggles must be worn while operating
wrecker control panel. Blowing dust and
debris may become airborne while engine is
running. Failure to comply may result in
injury to personnel.
(1) Start engine (TM 9-2320-366-10-1).
(2) Position PTO switch to on.
Keep tachometer within 1,250-1,450 rpm
when Power Take-Off (PTO) is engaged.
Do not exceed 1,450 rpm. Failure to
comply may result in damage to
In the event of a tachometer failure a
HAND THROTTLE lever positioned to L
is approximately 1,250-1,450 rpm.
(3) Set engine speed by increasing HAND
THROTTLE lever until tachometer reads
(4) Position MAIN WINCH LH SPEED switch to
(5) Position MAIN WINCH LH FREE SPOOL
switch to OFF.
(6) Position MAIN WINCH LH lever to OUT
until the first five wraps of cable have
(7) Position MAIN WINCH LH SPEED switch
(8) Position MAIN WINCH LH lever to OUT and
note speed of winch.
(9) If LH 30K winch does not operate at high
speed, go to step 4 of this fault.