Remove rings, bracelets, watches, necklaces,
and any other jewelry before working around
vehicle. Jewelry can catch on equipment and
cause injury or short across electrical circuits
and cause severe burns or electrical shock.
Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
(1) Install circuit breaker CB70 on PDP.
(2) Set multimeter to volts DC.
(3) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter to
connector PX15 socket F.
(4) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
ground and note reading on multimeter.
(5) If 12 VDC is not present, repair wire 1586
from connector PX15 socket F to circuit
breaker CB70 socket 4 (para 2-45) or
replace WTEC II dashboard cable assembly
(para 7-10) or WTEC III dashboard cable
assembly (para 7-11).