Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
(1) Connect connector PX9 to fuel gage
(2) Connect connector clamp on fuel gage
(3) Install instrument panel assembly
(4) Set multimeter to ohms.
(5) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to connector P82 socket 2.
(6) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter
to a known good ground and note
reading on multimeter.
(7) If continuity is not present, repair wire
3001 from connector P82 socket 2 to
terminal lug TL83 (para 2-45) or replace
start and charging cable assembly
(8) If continuity is present, replace fuel level
sensor (para 4-8).
(9) Connect connector P82 to fuel level
(10) Connect connector clamp on fuel level