2-6. SERVICE BEFORE OPERATION (CONT)
b. Initial 1000 miles (1609 km) of operation:
Tighten self-locking nuts on leaf spring U-bolt to 390-510 lb-ft (529-692 N·m), in 50 lb-ft (68 N·m) increments, in a
c. Initial 5000 miles (8045 km) of operation:
(1) Perform Engine oil and filter change.
(2) Perform Transmission oil and filter change.
(6) Activate battery if vehicle is delivered with dry-charged battery (TM 9-6140-200-14).
Do not remove radiator cap when the engine is hot; steam and hot coolant can escape and burn
skin. Failure to comply may result in injury to personnel.
(7) Check radiator coolant. Check if solution is adequate for expected climatic conditions. Refer to TB 750-651 for
preparation of antifreeze solutions. Put tag near filler cap with type of antifreeze and degree of protection written on
c. Special Service Instructions.
(1) Vehicle Body and Sheet Metal Inspection (TM 9-2320-366-10-1).
(a) Inspect body and sheet metal for evidence of damage during shipment.
(b) Check doors, latches, and hinges on compartments for proper operation.
(c) Check mounting hardware and tighten as necessary.
(2) Vehicle Cab Inspection (TM 9-2320-366-10-1).
(a) Inspect cab for evidence of damage during shipment.
(b) Inspect windshield and window glass for cracks or other damage.
(c) Check door latches, hinges, and windows for proper operation.
(d) Check seats and seatbelts mounting hardware to ensure they are securely installed and tighten as
(e) Check operator seat adjustments to ensure they are functioning properly.
(f) Unpin cab air springs, stow retaining pins, and inflate cab air spring (TM 9-2320-366-10-2, Preparation for
Internal Air Transport).
(3) Engine Inspection (TM 9-2320-366-10-1).
(a) Examine intake air cleaner element for dirty or restricted condition.
(b) Remove any seals, plugs, or tape used to seal air inlets and ports on the engine during shipping.
(c) Check crankcase oil level with dipstick.