Electrical System Maintenance Instructions (Cont)
7-77. ETHER STARTING AID THERMOSTAT REMOVAL/INSTALLATION (CONT).
Tag and mark wires before disconnecting or removing.
(1) Disconnect two wires (1) from thermostat (2).
(2) Remove thermostat (2) from reducer bushing (3).
(3) Remove reducer bushing (3) from engine (4).
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can burn easily, can give off harmful
vapors, and are harmful to skin and clothing. To avoid injury or death, keep away
from open fire and use in well-ventilated area. If adhesive, solvent, or sealing
compound gets on skin or clothing, wash immediately with soap and water.
Coat threads of reducer bushing (3) and thermostat (2) with pipe thread sealing compound.
Install reducer bushing (3) in engine (4).
Install thermostat (2) in reducer bushing (3).
Connect two wires (1) to thermostat (2).
c. Follow-on Maintenance.
(1) Fill cooling system (para 6-2).
(2) Install engine side panel (TM 9-2320-279-10).
END OF TASK