(1) Remove wheel(s) with affected brakes
(2) Disassemble brakes (para 11-3).
(3) Inspect spring for stretching, bluing,
damage, or breakage. If spring(s) is
damaged, brake shoes will not retract
(4) Check adjusting pawl spring for damage.
Ensure springs are not missing or broken.
(5) Check adjusting pawl teeth for damage
A damaged seal may permit
dirt to enter plunger chamber
and interfere with adjustment.
(6) Ensure seal elements are not damaged or broken.
(7) Check actuator teeth for damage.
(8) Check plunger for freedom of movement inside