(1) Lift axle of each affected rear wheel so that
rear wheels are off the ground and support
with maintenance trestles.
(2) Rotate affected wheel(s) and check for
signs of contamination, oil, or grease at
brake shoe linings.
(3) If oil contamination is present, replace
wheel bearing seals (para 10-2).
(4) Lift affected axle off maintenance trestles.
(5) Remove maintenance trestles and lower
wheels to ground.
(1) Chock wheels.
(2) Release parking brake (TM 9-2320-366-10-1).
(3) Apply brakes and observe operation of
brake shoes at rear wheels.
(4) If brake shoes fail to apply on one side or at
one wheel, brake air delivery system or
brake air chamber is faulty on that side or
at that wheel.
(5) If all rear wheel brakes apply, adjust brake
shoe clearance (para 11-3).