Wear appropriate eye protection when working
under vehicle due to the possibility of falling
debris. Failure to comply may result in injury
(1) Lift front axle so that front wheels are off
the ground and support with maintenance
(2) Rotate wheel and check for contamination,
oil, or grease at brake shoe linings.
(3) If oil contamination is present replace wheel
bearing seals (para 10-2).
(1) Apply brakes and observe operation of
brake shoes at both front wheels.
(2) If brake shoes fail to apply on one side,
brake air delivery system or brake air
chamber is faulty on that side.
(3) If both wheel brakes apply, adjust brake
shoe clearance (para 11-2).
(4) Rotate wheel on affected side by hand
and check if wheel grabs or is hard to turn.
(5) If wheel resists turning by hand, adjust
brake shoe clearance (para 11-2).