(1) Disconnect and tag air hoses from brake
chambers at affected wheel(s).
(2) Unscrew brake chambers from hub and
remove wedge assembly from wheels
(3) Inspect wedge spring for damage.
(4) Inspect rollers for flattening or damage.
(5) Manually check operation of wedge assembly
in plunger chamber.
(6) Install wedge assembly and brake chamber
(7) Install front wheel brake components and
adjust brakes (para 11-2).
(1) Install wheel(s) (TM 9-2320-366-10-1).
(2) Rotate affected wheel(s) by hand and listen
for loose or damaged bearings.
(3) If wheel makes grinding sound during
rotation, replace wheel bearings (para 10-2).
(4) Grasp wheel on opposite sides of top and
bottom and pull in and out.
(5) If wheel has excessive play on the axle,
replace wheel bearings (para 10-2).
(6) Check wheel hub oil level (Appendix H).
(7) If oil level is low, replace wheel bearings
(8) Lower wheels to ground and remove trestle