(1) Apply brakes and observe operation
of brake shoes at each front wheel.
(2) If all shoes at front wheels fail to apply,
front brake system is faulty. Perform
Brake System Troubleshooting (i6.
Front Brakes Do Not Apply).
(1) Jack up axle with affected brakes and support
(2) Make periodic brake applications to position
Over time a ridge will form on the
outer edge of the brake shoes.
This is normal and does not affect
brake shoe serviceability.
(3) Measure shoe clearance checking along centerline
of shoe at scallop. Rotate wheel during check.
(4) If clearance is not between .020" and .040",
adjust brakes (para 11-2 or 11-3).