Loose or dirty connectors may cause
intermittent loss of power to transmission
ECU and diagnostic codes to be logged.
Ensure that all connectors are clean and tight
before performing troubleshooting. Failure to
comply may result in incorrect test results.
(1) Position master power switch to on
(2) Check to see if main code 24 or main code 33
is displayed on WTEC III TPSS (para 8-5).
(3) If main code 24 is displayed:
(a) WTEC III transmission ECU has detected
a sump oil temperature above (sub code 23)
or below (sub code 12) operating limits.
(b) Troubleshoot oil cooling system followed
by sump oil temperature sensor and circuits.
(4) If main code 33 is displayed:
(a) WTEC III transmission ECU has detected a
fault with sump oil temperature sensor or its
(b) Troubleshoot electrical system.
(5) Position master power switch to off