Use care when testing electrical connectors
not to bend connector pins or damage
connector sockets with multimeter probes.
Failure to comply may result in damage
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
(1) Remove instrument panel assembly for
access (para 7-15).
(2) Disconnect connector J115 from WTEC II
(3) Set multimeter to ohms.
(4) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to connector J116 socket E2.
(5) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter
to connector J115 socket 11 and note
reading on multimeter.
(6) Connect negative probe (-) of multimeter
to all other sockets in connector J115
and note reading on multimeter.
(7) Connect negative probe (-) of multimeter
to ground and note reading on multimeter.
(8) If continuity is not present in step (5), or
continuity is present in step (6) or step (7),
replace WTEC II cab transmission harness