Wear approved eye protection when performing
transmission pressure checks. If oil contacts
eyes, seek medical attention immediately.
Failure to comply may result in injury to
MAIN OIL PRESSURE TEST
(1) Position drain pan under pressure tap.
(2) Remove main pressure tap plug and
preformed packing from control valve
module. Discard preformed packing.
(3) Connect tube to boss adapter, hose, and
pipe to tube adapter to main pressure tap.
(4) Perform STE/ICE-R Test # 50
(5) Start engine (TM 9-2320-366-10-1) and
run at idle.
(6) With parking brake applied, position
WTEC II TEPSS to R position then to N
position while assistant notes reading
(7) Shut down engine (TM 9-2320-366-10-1).
(8) If main oil pressure is low, oil pump is
faulty. Notify DS Maintenance.
(9) If oil pressure is good, moving components
in transmission are faulty. Notify DS
(10) Remove pipe to tube adapter, hose, and
tube to boss adapter from main pressure
(11) Position preformed packing and main
pressure tap plug in control valve module.
(12) Tighten pressure tap plug to 84-120 lb-in.
(13) Remove drain pan under pressure tap.