Loose or dirty connectors may cause
intermittent loss of power to transmission
ECU and diagnostic codes to be logged.
Ensure that all connectors are clean and tight
before performing troubleshooting. Failure to
comply may result in incorrect test results.
(1) Position master power switch to on
(2) Check to see if main code 24 or main code 33
is logged in WTEC II TEPSS (para 8-4).
(3) If main code 24 is logged:
(a) WTEC II TEPSS has detected a sump oil
temperature above (subcode 23) or below
(subcode 12) operating limits.
(b) Troubleshoot oil cooling system followed
by sump oil temperature sensor and
(4) If main code 33 is logged:
(a) WTEC II TEPSS has detected a fault with
sump oil temperature sensor or its circuit.
(b) Go to step 8 of this fault.
(5) Position master power switch to off (TM 9-