Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
(1) Remove instrument panel assembly for
access (para 7-15).
(2) Disconnect connector J115 (top connector)
from WTEC II TEPSS.
(3) Set multimeter to ohms.
(4) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter to
connector socket J115-7.
(5) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
connector socket J119m and note reading
(6) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
all other sockets in connector J119 and
note reading on multimeter.
(7) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
ground to and note reading on multimeter.
(8) If continuity is not present in step 5, or
continuity is present in step 6 or step 7,
replace WTEC II cab transmission
harness (para 7-137).