Wear appropriate eye protection when
working under vehicle due to possibility
of falling debris. Failure to comply may
result in injury to personnel.
Dump body weighs approximately 3,030 lbs
(1,376 kgs). Attach a suitable lifting device
prior to lifting. Failure to comply may result
in injury to personnel or damage to equipment.
Remove rings, bracelets, watches, necklaces,
and any other jewelry before working around
vehicle. Jewelry can catch on equipment and
cause injury or short across electrical circuits
and cause severe burns or electrical shock.
Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
(1) Remove safety pins from two locking pins.
(2) Remove two lock pins from dump body.
(3) Install two dump body lifting brackets in
slots in dump body.
(4) Attach cargo sling to two dump body
(5) Lift dump body.
(6) Raise two maintenance legs on frame.
(7) Lower dump body on maintenance legs.
(8) Loosen screw on connector L9.
(9) Disconnect connector L9 from solenoid
(10) Set multimeter to volts DC.
(11) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to connector L9 socket 1.
(12) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter
(13) Press and hold DUMP BED UP/DOWN
switch to DOWN (TM 9-2320-366-10-1)
and note reading on multimeter.
(14) If 24 VDC is not present, go to step 5, of
(15) Release DUMP BED UP/DOWN switch