Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
(1) Disconnect connector P172 from connector
(2) Set multimeter to ohms.
(3) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to connector P172 socket H.
(4) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter
to ground and note reading on multimeter.
(5) If continuity is not present, repair wire
3084 from connector P172 socket H to
terminal lug TL77 (para 2-45) or replace
M1090/M1094 dump power cable
assembly (para 7-125).
(6) If continuity is present, repair wire 3084
from connector J172 pin H to connector
L8 socket 2 (para 2-45) or replace
M1090/M1094 dump cable assembly
(7) Connect connector P172 to connector J172.
(8) Connect connector L8 to solenoid valve.
(9) Tighten screw in connector L8.
(10) Lift dump body.
(11) Place maintenance legs in stowed
(12) Lower dump body.
(13) Remove cargo sling from two dump body
(14) Remove two dump body lifting brackets
from dump body.
(15) Position two locking pins in dump body.
(16) Install safety pin in two locking pins.