Remove rings, bracelets, watches, necklaces,
and any other jewelry before working around
vehicle. Jewelry can catch on equipment and
cause injury or short across electrical circuits
and cause severe burns or electrical shock.
Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
(1) Disconnect connector P172 from connector
(2) Set multimeter to volts DC.
(3) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to connector P172 socket C.
(4) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter
(5) Press and hold tailgate release switch to
on (TM 9-2320-366-10-1) and note reading
(6) If 24 VDC is not present, repair wire 2045
from connector P172 socket C to
connector P108 socket 8 (para 2-45) or
replace dump power cable assembly
(7) If 24 VDC is present, repair wire 2045
from connector J172 pin C to connector
L7 socket 1 (para 2-45) or replace dump
cable assembly (para 2-124).
(8) Connect connector P172 to connector J172.