Goggles must be worn while operating wrecker
control panel. Blowing dust and debris may
become airborne while engine is running. Failure
to comply may result in injury to personnel.
Wear leather gloves at all times when
handling winch cable. Do not allow cable
to slide through hands even with gloves on.
Broken wires may cause injury.
Never let moving cable slide through hands,
even when wearing gloves. A broken wire
could cut through gloves and cut hands.
Failure to comply may result in injury to
(1) Start engine (TM 9-2320-366-10-1).
(2) Position PTO switch to on.
Keep tachometer within 1,250-1,450 rpm
when Power Take-Off (PTO) is engaged.
Do not exceed 1,450 rpm. Failure to
comply may result in damage to
In the event of a tachometer failure a
HAND THROTTLE lever positioned to L
is approximately 1,250-1,450 rpm.
(3) Set engine speed by increasing HAND
THROTTLE lever until tachometer reads
(4) Position MAIN WINCH LH FREESPOOL
switch to ON.
(5) Pull cable to see if LH 30K winch drum
(6) If LH 30K winch does not freespool, go
to step 5 of this fault.