Remove rings, bracelets, watches, necklaces,
and any other jewelry before working around
vehicle. Jewelry can catch on equipment and
cause injury or short across electrical circuits
and cause severe burns or electrical shock.
Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
(1) Lift cover on connector J130 intervehicular
24 VDC connector.
(2) Set multimeter to volts DC.
(3) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter to
connnector J130 socket B.
(4) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
(5) Position master power switch to on
(6) Position main light switch to SER DRIVE
(7) Apply brakes and note reading on
(8) If 24 VDC is not present, go to step 2
of this fault.
(9) If 24 VDC is present, troubleshoot trailer
electrical system per trailer technical
(10) Position main light switch to OFF
(11) Position master power switch to
off (TM 9-2320-366-10-1).