Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
Remove PDP cover (para 16-2).
Remove three screws and washers from PDP.
Remove three screws from PDP.
Lift PDP outward to gain access.
Disconnect connector J51 from connector P51.
Set multimeter to ohms.
Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to connector PX15 socket N.
(8) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter
to connector J51 pin 6 and note reading
(9) If continuity is not present, repair wire 23
from connector PX15 socket N to connector
J51 pin 6 (para 2-45) or replace WTEC II
dashboard cable assembly (para 7-10) or
WTEC III dashboard cable assembly
(10) If continuity is present, repair wire 23
from connector P51socket 6 to splice E18
or splice E46 (M1089) or splice E30
(M1088) (para 2-45) or replace rear lights
cable assembly (para 7-84 or 7-104).
(11) Connect connector PX15 to main light
(12) Install instrument panel assembly (para 7-15).
(13) Connect connector J51 to connector P51.
(14) Install PDP on dashboard with three screws.
(15) Install three washers and screws in PDP.
(16) Install PDP cover (para 16-2).