Remove rings, bracelets, watches, necklaces,
and any other jewelry before working around
vehicle. Jewelry can catch on equipment and
cause injury or short across electrical circuits
and cause severe burns or electrical shock.
Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
(1) Set multimeter to volts DC.
(2) Disconnect connector P77 (LH) or connector
P63 (RH) from blackout stoplight connector.
(3) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter to
connector P77 or connector P63.
(4) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
(5) Position master power switch to on
(6) Position main light switch to BO DRIVE
(7) Apply brakes and note reading on
(8) If 12 VDC is not present, repair
wire 23 from connector P77 (LH)
or connector P63 (RH) to splice E18
or splice E46 (M1089) or splice E30
(M1088) (para 2-45) or replace rear lights
cable assembly (para 7-84 or 7-104).
(9) If 12 VDC is present, replace composite
taillight assembly (para 7-39).
(10) Position master power switch to off
(11) Position main light switch to OFF
(12) Install lamp in socket.
(13) Install preformed packing and cover on
housing with six screws.