Remove rings, bracelets, watches, necklaces,
and any other jewelry before working around
vehicle. Jewelry can catch on equipment and
cause injury or short across electrical circuits
and cause severe burns or electrical shock.
Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
Remove PDP cover (para 16-2).
Remove relay K10 from PDP.
Set multimeter to volts DC.
Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter to
PDP, socket 87A, where relay K10 was
(5) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
(6) Position main light switch to SER DRIVE
(7) Position hazard lights switch to on
(TM 9-2320-366-10-1) and note reading on
(8) If volts DC pulse is not present, Repair
wire 1566 from relay K10 socket 87A to
connector PX14 socket 2 (para 2-45) or
replace WTEC II dashboard cable
assembly (para 7-10) or WTEC III
dashboard cable assembly (para 7-11).
(9) If volts DC is present, replace relay
K10 (para 7-9).
(10) Position hazard lights switch to off
(11) Position main light switch to OFF
(12) Install relay K10 in PDP.
(13) Install PDP cover (para 16-2).