Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
(1) Remove three screws from PDP.
(2) Remove three screws and washers from
(3) Lift PDP outward to gain access.
(4) Disconnect connector P51 from connector
(5) Set multimeter to ohms.
(6) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to PDP, where WTEC III relay K25 terminal
87 was removed.
(7) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
connector J51 pin 2 and note reading on
(8) If continuity is not present, repair wire 490
from WTEC III relay K25 terminal 87 to
connector J51 pin 2 (para 2-45) or replace
WTEC III dashboard cable assembly