Remove rings, bracelets, watches, necklaces,
and any other jewelry before working around
vehicle. Jewelry can catch on equipment and
cause injury or short across electrical circuits
and cause severe burns or electrical shock.
Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
(1) Disconnect connector P87 from backup
(2) Set multimeter to volts DC.
(3) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to connector P87.
(4) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
(5) Start engine (TM 9-2320-366-10-1).
(6) Position main light switch to SER DRIVE
(7) Select R (reverse) on pushbutton shift
selector (TM 9-2320-366-10-1) and note
reading on multimeter.
(8) If 12 VDC is not present, go to step 3 of
this faulty. If 12 VDC is present, replace
backup light assembly (para 7-36).
(9) Select N (neutral) on pushbutton shift
selector (TM 9-2320-366-10-1).
(10) Position main light switch to OFF
(11) Shut down engine (TM 9-2320-366-10-1).
(12) Connect connector P87 to backup light