Remove rings, bracelets, watches, necklaces,
and any other jewelry before working around
vehicle. Jewelry can catch on equipment and
cause injury or short across electrical circuits
and cause severe burns or electrical shock.
Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
(1) Remove PDP cover (para 16-2).
(2) Remove three screws and washers from
(3) Remove three screws from PDP.
(4) Lift PDP outward to gain access.
(5) Disconnect connector J51 from connector
(6) Set multimeter to volts DC.
(7) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to connector J51 pin 17.
(8) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
(9) Position main light switch to BO MARKER
(TM 9-2320-366-10-1) and note reading on
(10) If 12 VDC is not present, repair wire 24
from connector J51 pin 17 to terminal
board TB1 position 54 (para 2-45) or
replace WTEC II dashboard cable assembly
(para 7-10) or WTEC III dashboard cable
assembly (para 7-11).
(11) If 12 VDC is present, repair wire 24
from connector P76 (LH rear blackout
marker light) or P62 (RH rear blackout
marker light) to connector P51 socket 17
(para 2-45) or replace rear lights cable
assembly (para 7-84 or para 7-104).
(12) Position main light switch to OFF
(13) Connect connector J51 to connector P51.
(14) Install PDP on dashboard wtih three screws.
(15) Install three washers and screws in PDP.
(16) Install PDP cover (para 16-2).