Remove rings, bracelets, watches, necklaces,
and any other jewelry before working around
vehicle. Jewelry can catch on equipment and
cause injury or short across electrical circuits,
and cause severe burns or electrical shock.
Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
(1) Disconnect connector P64 from RH
composite taillight assembly.
(2) Set multimeter to volts DC.
(3) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter to
(4) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
(5) Position main light switch to SER DRIVE
(TM 9-2320-366-10-1) and note
reading on multimeter.
(6) If 12 VDC is not present, repair wire 21
(refer to Table 2-12.16. Composite
Taillight Connectors) (para 2-45) or
M1092/M1093/M1094/M1096 rear lights
cable assembly (para 7-84) or M1086/
M1088/M1089 rear lights cable assembly
(7) Position main light switch to OFF
Table 2-12.16. Composite Taillight Connectors
Connector P64 to Splice E20
Connector P64 to Splice E32
Connector P64 to Splice E48