Use care when testing electrical connectors not
to bend connector pins or damage connector
sockets with multimeter probes. Failure to
comply may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
(1) Disconnect connector P52M from
(2) Set multimeter to ohms.
(3) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to connector P51 socket 7.
(4) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
connector P52M socket 3 and note reading
(5) If continuity is not present, repair wire 489
from connector P51 socket 7 to P52M
socket 3 or replace M1088 rear lights
cable assembly (7-104).
(6) Connect connector J52M to connector
(7) Connect connector J51 to connector P51.
(8) Install PDP on dashboard with three
(9) Install three washers and screws in PDP.
(10) Install PDP cover (para 16-2).
(11) Connect batteries (para 7-57).