Use care when testing electrical connectors not
to bend connector pins or damage connector
sockets with multimeter probes. Failure to
comply may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
(1) Disconnect batteries (para 7-57).
(2) Remove PDP cover (para 16-2).
(3) Remove three screws and washers from
(4) Remove three screws from PDP.
(5) Lift PDP outward to gain access.
(6) Disconnect connector P51 from connector
(7) Set multimeter to ohms.
(8) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to connector J51 pin 7.
(9) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
terminal board TB1 position 11 and note
reading on multimeter.
(10) If continuity is not present, repair wire 489
from terminal board TB1 position 11 to
connector J51 pin 7 (para 2-45) or replace
WTEC II dashboard cable assembly
(para 7-10) or WTEC III dashboard cable
assembly (para 7-11).