Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
(1) Disconnect batteries (para 7-57).
(2) Remove PDP cover (para 16-2).
(3) Remove three screws and washers from
(4) Remove three screws from PDP.
(5) Lift PDP outward to gain access.
(6) Disconnect connector P51 from connector
(7) Set multimeter to ohms.
(8) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to connector J51 pin 7.
(9) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
terminal board TB1 position 11 and note
reading on multimeter.
(10) If continuity is not present, repair wire
489 from connector J51 pin 7 to terminal
board TB1 position 11 (para 2-45) or
replace WTEC II dashboard cable assembly
(para 7-10) or WTEC III dashboard cable
assembly (para 7-11).
(11) If continuity is present, repair wire 489
from connector P51 socket 7 to splice
(refer to Table 2-12.3. M1085/M1086/
M1089/M1096 Rear Marker Light Wire
489 Splices) (para 2-45) or replace M1086/
M1089 rear lights cable assembly
(para 7-104) or M1085/M1096 rear lights
cable assembly (para 7-84).
(12) Connect connector J51 to connector P51.
(13) Install PDP on dashboard with three screws.
(14) Install three washers and screws in PDP.
(15) Install PDP cover (para 16-2).
Table 2-12.3. M1085/M1086/M1089/M1096
Rear Marker Light Wire 489 Splices