Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
(1) Disconnect batteries (para 7-57).
(2) Remove instrument panel assembly for
access (para 7-15).
(3) Disconnect connector PX12 from warning
(4) Set multimeter to ohms.
(5) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter to
connector PX12 pin 5.
(6) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
relay K20 terminal 86 on PDP and note
reading on multimeter.
(7) If continuity is not present, repair wire 1575
from relay K20 terminal 86 to connector
PX12 pin 5 (para 2-45) or replace WTEC II
dashboard cable assembly (para 7-10) or
WTEC III dashboard cable assembly
(8) Install relay K20 in PDP.
(9) Install PDP cover (para 16-2).