Remove rings, bracelets, watches, necklaces,
and any other jewelry before working around
vehicle. Jewelry can catch on equipment and
cause injury or short across electrical circuits
and cause severe burns or electrical shock.
Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
(1) Disconnect connector P88 from RH side
marker light connector.
(2) Set multimeter to volts DC.
(3) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to connector P88.
(4) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter
(5) Position main light switch to SER DRIVE
(TM 9-2320-366-10-1) and note reading
(6) If 12 VDC is not present, repair wire 489
from connector P88 to splice E17
(para 2-45) or replace rear lights cable
assembly (para 7-84).
(7) Position main light switch to OFF