CONTINUITY TEST (CONT)
(16) Install LH cab top marker light lamp in
Use care when testing electrical connectors.
(17) Install lens cover on base with two screws.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
(18) Connect connector P3 to connector J3.
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
(1) Remove two screws and lens cover from
LH cab top marker light base.
(2) Remove LH cab top marker light lamp from
(3) Remove four screws from LH cab top
marker light base.
Do not let wires slip through hole into cab
structure. If wires slip into cab structure,
vehicle will need further disassembly to
(4) Remove nut, lockwasher, terminal lug
TL27, and lockwasher from LH cab top
marker light base. Discard lockwashers.
(5) Extend base and disconnect marker light
connector from connector P50.
(6) Remove gasket from LH cab top marker
light base. Discard gasket.
(7) Set multimeter to ohms.
(8) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to connector J3 socket 2.
(9) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
terminal lug TL27 and note reading on
(10) If continuity is not present, repair wire
3097 from connector J3 socket 2 to splice
E24 (para 2-45) or replace M1093/M1094
cab clearance and marker lights upper
cable assembly (para 7-63).
(11) If continuity is present, repair wire 1951
from connector J3 pin 1 to splice E23
(para 2-45) or replace M1093/M1094 cab
clearance and marker lights upper cable
assembly (para 7-63).
(12) Install gasket on LH cab top marker light base.
(13) Connect marker light connector to connector
(14) Install lockwasher, terminal lug TL27,
lockwasher, and nut on back of LH cab
top marker light base.
(15) Install LH cab top marker light base on
vehicle with four screws.