Remove rings, bracelets, watches, necklaces,
and any other jewelry before working around
vehicle. Jewelry can catch on equipment and
cause injury or short across electrical circuits
and cause severe burns or electrical shock.
Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
(1) Remove instrument panel assembly for
access (para 7-15).
(2) Disconnect connector clamp from engine
OIL PRESS gage connector.
(3) Disconnect connector PX6 from engine OIL
PRESS gage connector.
(4) Set multimeter to volts DC.
(5) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter to
connector PX6 pin 3.
(6) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
known good ground.
(7) Position master power switch to on
(TM 9-2320-366-10-1) and note reading on
(8) If 24 VDC is not present, repair wire 1546
from connector PX6 pin 3 to connector
PX10 pin 3 (para 2-45) or replace WTEC II
dashboard cable assembly (para 7-10) or
WTEC III dashboard cable assembly
(9) Position master power switch to off