Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back or not
capable of making good contact.
(1) Remove instrument panel for access
(2) Disconnect connector PX33 from WTEC III
(3) Remove three screws and washers from
(4) Remove three screws from PDP.
(5) Lift PDP outward to gain access.
(6) Set multimeter to ohms.
(7) For each line of Table 2-8.2. Connector
PX33 Ground Continuity Test perform the
(a) Connect positive (+) probe of
multimeter to connector PX33 socket.
(b) Connect negative (-) probe of
multimeter to terminal board TB2
position and not reading on
(8) If continuity is not present on either wire in
Table 2-8.2. Connector PX33 Ground
Continuity Test repair wire (para 2-45) or
replace WTEC III dashboard cable
assembly (para 7-11).
(9) Install PDP on dashboard with three
(10) Install three washers and screws in PDP.
Table 2-8.2. Connector PX33 Ground Continuity Test