Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back or not
capable of making good contact.
(1) Disconnect batteries (para 7-57).
(2) Loosen screw on connector J116.
(3) Disconnect connector J116 from VIM
(4) Set multimeter to ohms.
(5) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to neutral start relay socket 85 on VIM.
(6) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
VIM connector pin P1 and note reading on
(7) If continuity is not present, replace WTEC
II vehicle interface module (VIM) (para 8-6).
(8) Install neutral start relay in VIM.
(9) Install cover on VIM with metal seal ring,
eight washers, and screws.
(10) Install circuit breaker CB35 in PDP.