Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back or not
capable of making good contact.
(1) Disconnect batteries (para 7-57).
(2) Loosen screw in connector PX33.
(3) Disconnect connector PX33 from VIM
(4) Set multimeter to ohms.
(5) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to neutral start relay socket 30 on VIM.
(6) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
VIM connector pin G1 and note reading on
(7) If continuity is not present, replace WTEC
II vehicle interface module (VIM) (para 8-6).
(8) If continuity is present, repair wire 1691
from connector PX33 socket G1 to relay
K1 socket 86 on PDP (para 2-45) or
replace WTEC II dashboard cable assembly
(9) Connect connector PX33 to VIM connector.
(10) Tighten screw in connector PX33.
(11) Install neutral start relay in VIM.
(12) Install cover on VIM with metal seal ring,
eight washers, and screws.
(13) Install circuit breaker CB35 in PDP.
(14) Install kick panel (para 16-3).
(15) Connect batteries (para 7-57).