Remove rings, bracelets, watches, necklaces,
and any other jewelry before working around
vehicle. Jewelry can catch on equipment and
cause injury or short across electrical circuits
and cause severe burns or electrical shock.
(1) Remove Power Distribution Panel (PDP)
cover (para 16-2).
(2) Locate circuit breaker to be tested on PDP
(refer to Figure 2-1. Circuit Breaker
Locations and Table 2-8. Function to
Circuit Breaker Cross Reference or Table
2-8.1. Circuit Breaker to Function Cross
(3) Check reset button on circuit breaker. If
button is up (circuit breaker tripped), press
button to reset.
(4) Remove circuit breaker to be tested from
(5) Set multimeter to ohms.
(6) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to one circuit breaker terminal.
(7) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
other circuit breaker terminal and note
reading on multimeter.
(8) If continuity is not present, replace circuit
breaker (para 7-9).
(9) If continuity is present, circuit breaker is OK.
Return to troubleshooting affected circuit.
(10) Install tested circuit breaker in PDP.
(11) Install PDP cover (para 16-2).
Figure 2-1. Circuit Breaker Locations