Coolant may be very hot and under
pressure from engine operation. Ensure
engine is cool before performing
maintenance. Failure to comply may result
in injury to personnel.
(1) Raise cab (TM 9-2320-366-10-1).
(2) Check radiator, radiator overflow tank,
and coolant hoses and tubes for leaks
COOLING SYSTEM PRESSURE TEST
(1) Remove radiator cap from radiator overflow
(2) Install test kit on radiator overflow tank.
(3) Install pressure tester on test kit.
Do not pressurize over 16 psi (110 kPa).
Failure to comply may result in damage to
(4) Pressurize radiator overflow tank, using
tester, to 15 psi (103 kPa).
(5) Observe radiator and radiator overflow
tank for coolant leaks.
Pressure loss without external leaks
indicates internal coolant leaks.
(6) Observe radiator tester for loss of pressure.
(7) Remove pressure tester and test kit from
radiator overflow tank.
(8) Install radiator cap on radiator overflow