Coolant may be very hot and under
pressure from engine operation. Ensure
engine is cool before performing
troubleshooting. Failure to comply may
result in injury to personnel.
Do not pressurize over 16 psi (110 kPa).
Failure to comply may result in damage to
(1) Pressurize radiator overflow tank, using
tester, to 15 psi (103 kPa).
(2) Observe hoses for coolant leaks.
Pressure loss without external leaks
indicates engine internal coolant leaks.
(3) Observe radiator tester for loss of pressure.
(4) If no external leaks are present, perform
Cooling System Troubleshooting (d2. Oil
in Cooling System).
(5) If external leaks are present, replace upper
coolant hose (para 6-10), radiator overflow
tank hose(s), or radiator overflow tank
(6) Remove tester and test kit from radiator
(7) Install radiator cap on radiator overflow tank.