(1) Check water pump for loose hardware
(2) If water pump hardware is loose,
(3) If water pump is damaged, replace
water pump (para 6-12).
Coolant may be very hot and under
pressure from engine operation. Ensure
engine is cool before performing
troubleshooting. Failure to comply may
result in injury to personnel.
(1) Remove coolant hose from overflow tank to
radiator (para 6-3).
(2) Place coolant hose in drain pan.
(3) Start engine (TM 9-2320-366-10-1).
Use care when opening door with cab
raised. Failure to comply may result in
injury to personnel and damage to
Coolant flowing constantly through return
hose indicates closed thermostat.
(4) Observe flow of coolant from coolant
(5) If thermostat does not operate
properly, replace thermostat (para 6-5).
(6) Shut down engine (TM 9-2320-366-10-1).
(7) Install coolant hose on overflow tank
and radiator (para 6-3).
(8) Refill overflow tank to proper level
(9) Lower cab (TM 9-2320-366-10-1).