Coolant may be very hot and under
pressure from engine operation. Ensure
engine is cool before performing
troubleshooting. Failure to comply may
result in injury to personnel.
Do not pressurize over 16 psi (110 kPa).
Failure to comply may result in damage to
(1) Pressurize radiator overflow tank, using
tester, to 15 psi (103 kPa).
(2) Observe radiator overflow tank for coolant
Pressure loss without external leaks
indicates engine internal coolant leaks.
(3) Observe radiator tester for loss of pressure.
(4) If cooling system does not maintain pressure,
go to step 7 of this fault.
(5) Remove tester and test kit from radiator
(6) Install radiator cap on radiator overflow tank.