Coolant may be very hot and under
pressure from engine operation. Ensure
engine is cool before performing
troubleshooting. Failure to comply may
result in injury to personnel.
(1) Raise cab (TM 9-2320-366-10-1).
(2) Check radiator for leaks and damage.
(3) Remove radiator cap from radiator
(4) Install test kit on radiator overflow tank.
(5) Install radiator tester on test kit.
Do not pressurize over 16 psi (110 kPa).
Failure to comply may result in damage to
(6) Pressurize radiator overflow tank, using
tester, to 15 psi (103 kPa).
(7) Observe radiator for coolant leaks.
Pressure loss without external leaks
indicates engine internal coolant leaks.
(8) Observe radiator tester for loss of pressure.
(9) If leaks or damage are present, replace radiator