Oil consumption is considered
normal up to 12,000 mi (19,308
km) at a rate of one qt (one L)
of oil per 45 gal (170 L) of fuel.
After 12,000 mi (19,308
km), oil consumption is
considered normal at a rate of
one qt (one L) of oil per 60 gal
(227 L) of fuel.
(1) Raise cab (TM 9-2320-366-10-1).
(2) Check engine oil filter and oil tubes
for leakage or damage.
(3) If engine oil filter is damaged, replace
engine oil filter (para 3-4).
(1) Check engine valve cover and gasket for
leaks and damage.
(2) If engine valve cover or gasket leaks,
tighten loose valve cover bolts (para 3-3).
(3) If engine valve cover or gasket is
damaged, replace valve cover and gasket