(15) that secure the terminal lugs to the studs
and 2) to their respective jacks. Note that the
at the back of the meter (16).
color dot on each plug matches the color dot on
(2) Tag and remove the terminal lugs from
its respective jack.
(3) Connect plug P1 (3) to the jack marked
(3) Remove the three screws, nuts, and lock-
washers (22) that secure the meter (16) to the
(4) Connect plug P2 (4) to the jack marked
test set front panel (21).
(4) Carefully pull the meter (16) forward
until it is clear of the front panel.
Attenuator/Dummy Load AT1 (located
b. Replace RF POWER meter M1 as follows:
i n TS-1967/ARC-54)
(1) Slide the meter (16) into its proper posi-
a. Remove attenuator/dummy load AT1 (fig.
tion on the front panel and secure with three
3-1) as follows:
screws, lockwashers, and nuts (22).
(1) Disconnect plug P9 (7) from its jack on
(2) Place the two terminal lugs on their
the attenuator-dummy load (10).
r e s p e c t i v e studs and secure with two lock-
(2) Remove the four screws, lockwashers,
washers and nuts (15).
and spacers (11) that secure the attenuator-
dummy load (10) to the test set chassis.
3-12. Disassembly and Reassembly of
(3) Carefully lower the attenuator-dummy
Frequency Counter Assembly (located
load (10) until plugs P7 (8) and P8 (9) are acces-
i n SM-349/ARC-54)
a. Disassembly and Reassembly of Megahertz
(4) Disconnect plugs P7 (8) and P8 (9) from
Select Switch S5.
their respective jacks.
(1) Disassemble megahertz select switch S5
( 5 ) Remove the attenuator-dummy load
(fig. 3-2) as follows:
(a) Tag and unsolder all wires connected
b. Replace attenuator-dummy load AT1 as
to megahertz select switch S5 (1-16).
(b) Remove the two hexagonal nuts (1)
(1) Connect plugs P7 (8) and P8 (9) to their
that secure the rear wafer switches (2) to the
mounting studs (16).
(2) Place the attenuator-dummy load (10) in
(c) Slide the rear wafer switch (2) and two
the proper position on the test set chassis and
switch spacers (3) off the mounting studs (16).
s e c u r e with four screws, lockwashers, and
(d) Slide the outer gear plate (4) and two
switch spacers (5) off the mounting studs (16).
(3) Connect plug P9 (7) to its respective jack.
(e) Remove the megahertz-pressed shaft
3-10. Removal and Replacement of Blower
assembly (6) from the main switch shaft (part
of frequency counter (28)).
B1 (Located in TS-1967/ARC-54)
(f) Carefully remove the gear-pressed
a. Remove blower B1 (fig. 3-1) as follows:
shaft assembly (9).
(1) Tag and unsolder the blower (18) and
(g) Loosen two setscrews (8) on the
wires (17) that are connected to terminals E14,
megahertz switch gear (7) and slide the gear off
E15, and E16 on the test set chassis.
the main switch shaft (part of frequency
(2) Remove the two screws, lockwashers,
and mounting cleats (19) that secure the blower
(h) Slide the inner gear plate (10) and two
(18) to the test set chassis.
switch spacers (11) off the mounting studs (16)
(3) Remove the blower (18).
and main switch shaft (part of frequency
b. Replace blower B1 as follows:
Place the blower (18) in the proper position on
(i) Slide the middle wafer switch (12), the
the test set chassis and secure with two screws,
two switch spacers (13), the inner wafer switch
lockwashers, and mounting cleats (19).
(14), and the two switch spacers (15) off the
3-11. Removal and Replacement of RF
mounting studs (16) and main switch shaft (part
of frequency counter (28)).
(j) Unscrew the two mounting studs (16)
a. Remove RF POWER meter M1 (fig. 3-1) as
from the frequency counter (28).
(2) Reassemble megahertz select switch S5
(1) Remove the two nuts and lockwashers