50, 100, 200, and 300 nautical mile
TILT control - Move up or down to
observe targets above or below aircraft.
Verify that echo displays change in
shape and location only and that
weather targets do not change shape or
Ground targets will not
change shape or location.
targets are selected as a function of tilt.
Antenna stabilization check:
(1) Fly to an altitude above 10,000 feet
(2) RADAR system mode selector
switch - WX.
(3) SECT scan angle pushbutton
selector switch - 120 or 60.
(4) STAB pushbutton selector switch -
Push OFF to remove stabilization.
(5) While flying level (0°pitch, 0°roll),
adjust TILT control to obtain a
video pattern through-out the upper
range marks. Note TILT control
setting. If the inner ring of video is
not parallel to the range mark, the
error is caused by mechanical
displacement of the antenna about
the roll axis of the aircraft. Use
TILT control to determine exact
Correct on ground, if
necessary, before further in-flight
(6) Attitude stabilization pushbutton
selector switch - Push on to restore