(2) Container deformity to the extent that the container can not be closed (sealed where required).
(3) Dents that will interfere with the item envelope (include volume of motion permitted by the container suspension
(4) Functional damage to the suspension system to include cracks, damaged or missing special hardware, splits,
tears, and bond separation of the elastomer exceeding one thirty-second of an inch.
(5) Stage four corrosion.
Stage 1, 2, and 3 corrosion will be treated in accordance with paragraph 2-5c prior to use.
b. Container Cleaning. Thoroughly clean the interior and exterior of the container with water and detergent or by
steam cleaning as necessary to remove dirt, sand, grease, and other foreign material. Rinse thoroughly after cleaning. Air
dry container after cleaning.
c. Container Preservation. Ensure adequate protection of container as follows:
(1) Remove loose paint and corrosion in accordance with Chapter 9 of TM 1-1500-204-23-9. Clean surfaces with a
water dampened rag followed by a dry rag.
(2) Touch up paint bare metal areas of the container. Feather edge areas to be painted. Touch up primer and paint
using brush application in accordance with Chapter 9 of TM 1-1500-204-23-9.
d. Hardware. Inspect for damaged or missing mounting and closure hardware. Replace as required.
e. Molded Contour Cushions. Inspect cushions for deterioration, loss of resilience, voids, insect or rodent infestation,
debonding, and contamination from dirt, oil, or grease. Replace cushions as necessary.
f. Skids. Inspect skids for decay and other defects. Defects that reduce the skid load bearing surface to the extent
that stackability of the containers will be adversely affected will require replacement of the skid. Replacement skids may
be ordered as components or locally manufactured from any available hardwood.
g. Humidity Indicator. Inspect humidity indicator for condition and absence of color (blue ok; white, violet, or pink,
bad). Replace indicator plug (P/N TA356-2345S, NSN 6685-01-237-5671) or card (P/N TA356-HC-2345S, NSN 6685-00-
052-1865) as necessary.
Change 3 2-3